For 17 year’s adults, kids, friends, and families from all over come to see if they can catch the heaviest flounder. The fishing tournament is not the only fun. After the fishing ends, we have a BBQ and raffles for all folks and kids who come out to have a good time for a good cause. That’s right, you don’t have to fish to enjoy a party at the Jersey Shore.
When: Saturday, August 6th, 2022
Bayview Harbor Marina
13th & Bayview Avenue
Barnegat Light, NJ
Register: right here online
All proceeds go to the Mercy Home Foundation.
Fishing starts at 6:30am and the BBQ runs from 1pm to 5pm, with the weigh-in results ceremony at 3pm. All fish must be in the cooler by 1pm.
- Entrance Fee is for tournament prizes only. BBQ is an additional $20.00 per person payable in advance ($25.00 at the door) & $10.00 for children under 12.
- NO more than 8 active anglers per boat.
- Boats may not leave dock prior to 6:30AM – official start time.
- All eligible fish must be in judge’s cooler by 1:30PM (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Weigh-in will be at 3:00PM at the Bayview Harbor Marina Party Tent on their official digital scale supervised by the Marina Manager. Note rule 4 above!
- Boats may drop off their fish via car in the parking lot or in the fuel slip if by boat and not occupied. Non Bayview boats may not tie up in any slips without the express permission from Bayview. Note rule 4 above!
- Cash prizes awarded for Top Three Fluke (if less than three fish are reported drawing will determine winners).
- Prize money is based on the entrance fees: 30% to first place, 20% to second place and 10% to third place. All remaining proceeds go the Mercy Home Foundation, Inc.
- Non-cash prizes awarded to ‘Largest Lady Angler,’ Top Kids’ Fish (any species), and all pre-registered child participants (fishing or not). Kids are twelve and under.
- Official Tournament Chatter Channel 71.
- Rain or Shine the tournament goes on. No Postponements.
- BBQ starts at 1:00PM and raffles to be held immediately following weigh-in. Each paid admission receives BBQ, snacks, beer, and soda. Contestants and non-anglers are all invited to BBQ. Anyone can attend fishing or not.
For more information, please email Lauren Finelli, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609.332.8366.
The Mercy Home Foundation is a non profit corporation created to build and maintain homes and schools for physically and mentally challenged women and children. Our goal is to create improved living conditions for these people in the United States, India and worldwide and to raise awareness of their plight. All gifts are tax deductable as provided by law.